A quick-action chip fuse for protecting a secondary circuit. It is used for preventing smoke emission, fire, etc., caused by an overcurrent.
- 2019-06-03 Metal Film Fusing Resistors are Not Recommended for New Design.
- 2019-01-21 Updated Catalog "Micro Chip Fuse" (addition of Perfomance/Test Conditions)
- 2017-12-01 The design support tool "Micro Chip Fuse Selection Tool" has been posted
- 2017-08-25Fuse page has been updated.
- 2016-10-28 Registration certificates of quality and environment certifications (ISO, TS) are available for download
- 2016-07-24 "Cross reference" has been posted
- A fusing mechanism that safely breaks an electronic circuit
- Internal structure/shape
- Sharp resistance distribution
A fusing mechanism that safely breaks an electronic circuit
The mechanism does not break the circuit when detecting an inrush current generated upon switching on the power supply but definitely breaks the circuit when detecting continuous abnormal current flows.
The product’s heat storage is controlled by adopting the laser trimming method and developing a proprietary heat-insulating material. This allows the product to combine inrush-resistance characteristics and reliability.
Sharp resistance distribution (reduction in fusing characteristic variations)
Adopting the laser trimming method has allowed highly precise resistance control, achieving a reduction in fusing characteristic variations.