Achieves low ESR, high withstand voltage, and high reliability through the use of the "hybrid electrolyte" consisting of conductive polymer and electrolytic liquid.
Products with vibration-resistance specifications can also be produced (ø6.3 ≤).
- 2022-1-19 The application has been updated.
- 2021-11-12 Catalog of "Conductive Polymer Hybrid Aluminum Electrolytic Capacitors" has been updated(ZS series, ZS-A series)
- 2021-06-10 The video of "Replacing MLCC with Hybrid Capacitors for better performance and reliability in applications" has been posted.
- 2021-05-10 The part number of ZA has been added (2 part number).
- 2021-05-10 The part number of ZA-A has been added (1 part number).
- 2021-01-29 The ZSU-A series has been commercialized.
- 2021-01-29 The ZSU series has been commercialized.
- 2021-01-29 The ZU series has been commercialized.
- 2020-11-10 Information on the new products ZU series and ZSU series has been released.
- 2020-09-30 The part number of ZF-A has been added (Taping products).
- 2020-09-30 A new series of radial lead type has been commercialized (7 series).
- 2020-09-30 The ZT series has been commercialized.
- 2020-04-21 The surface-mount type of ZF series has been commercialized.
- 2020-04-21 The part number of ZS has been added (8 part number).
- 2020-03-30 The application has been updated.
- 2019-12-11 The application has been updated.
- 2019-10-23 The part number of ZE has been added (2 part number).
- 2019-07-16 The ZKU series with small-size and large capacitance have been commercialized.
- 2019-06-10 The part number of ZA has been added (22 part number).
- 2019-06-10 The part number of ZC has been added (16 part number).
- 2019-06-10 The part number of ZK has been added (2 part number).
- 2018-12-28 The part number of ZC has been added (1 part number).
- 2018-12-20 Technical guide updated.
- 2018-11-27 Conductive Polymer Hybrid Aluminum Electrolytic Capacitors page has been updated.
- 2018-09-10 The design support tool " CAD Data" have been posted.
- 2018-09-07 The ZS series with high ripple current and large capacitance have been commercialized.
- 2018-06-28 The ZF series (Radial lead type) with a guaranteed 150 deg.C has been commercialized.
- 2018-06-28 The part number of ZC has been added (1 part number).
- 2018-01-31 ø6.3 size anti-vibration products has been commercialized (ZA, ZC, ZK series).
- 2017-12-25 ø6.3 size anti-vibration products has been press released.
- 2017-04-04 The design support tool " Characteristic Viewer" has been posted
- 2017-02-08 The high-temperature(145°C) and high ripple current compatible ZE series has been commercialized
- 2016-10-28 Registration certificates of quality and environment certifications (ISO, TS) are available for download
- 2016-10-14 The high-capacitance and high ripple current-compatible ZK series has been commercialized
- 2016-07-24 "Cross reference" has been posted
- 2016-05-31 The high-capacitance and high ripple current-compatible ZK series has been press released.
- 2016-05-31 The design support tool "Industrial & Automotive use LC filter simulator" has been posted
What is Conductive-Polymer Hybrid Aluminum Electrolytic-Capacitor
Capacitor achieved both high performance and high reliability
- Capacitor with the electrolyte fused with conductive polymer and electrolyte liquid
- As features of both conductive polymer and electrolyte liquid, large ripple current(low Equivalent Series Resistance : ESR), low leakage current and high reliability contribute to downsizing and high reliability of the equipment
- Suitable for automotive equipment and base stations which need compact and high reliability components.
|Classification||Aluminum electrolyte||Conductive solid||Hybrid|
|Electrolyte||Electrolyte liquid||Conductive-polymer||Conductive-polymer + Electrolyte liquid|
|LC Leakage current||✓✓||Low||✓||High||✓✓||Low|
|Humidity resistance||✓✓||85°C 85%RH||✓||60°C 95%RH||✓✓||85°C 85%RH|
|ESR ( Equivalent Series Resistance )||✓||High||✓✓||Low||✓✓||Low|
✓✓ : Very good ✓ : Good
Characteristic comparison with aluminum electrolytic capacitors, replacement examples
Replacement of aluminum electrolytic capacitors with hybrid capacitors
|Aluminum electrolytic capacitor
|ESR (300kHz)||47 mΩ|
|capacitance||1190 mA rms|
|Input voltage waveform to capacitor
frequency : 300 kHz
VIn: DC 12 V +600 mVp-p
|Mounting area||100 % (132 mm2)|
|1300 mA rms|
|41 % (54 mm2)|
In the high frequency band, a aluminum electrolytic capacitor with large capacitance can be replaced with the hybrid capacitor with small-sized and small-capacitance.
Characteristic comparison with ceramic capacitors (MLCC), replacement examples
Replacement of MLCCs with hybrid capacitors
|Mounted circuit area imag|
|Series, part number||-||ZA Series EEHZA1E220R|
|specification||25 V, 22 µF, 3.2 x 1.6 mm||25 V, 22 µF, ø5 x 5.8 mm|
|Quantity||5 pcs||1 pc|
|Effective capacitance||22 µF
22 μF x 5 pcs x 20% = 22 μF
(Capacitance reduced by 15 VDC)
(No Capacitance reduced by 15VDC)
Since the capacitance of MLCCs is reduced by applying voltage,
replacing MLCCs with hybrid capacitors can reduced quantities and space.
- Basic Knowledge of Capacitors (1)
- Basic Knowledge of Capacitors (2)
- Basic Knowledge of LC Filters
- High-performance inductors and capacitors incorporated in a filter circuit significantly reduce the size of the circuit and also improve its performance and reliability
- Fundamentals of Capacitors and Hybrid Capacitors
- Solving Problems with MLCCs by Adopting Conductive Polymer Capacitors
- Case Examples of Replacing Switching Power Supply Input/Output Capacitors from MLCCs to Hybrid Capacitors
- Noise-reducing measures start with knowing about the different types and properties of noise.