As part of our efforts to protect personal information, we have created the following list of items requiring public disclosure, based on the provisions of laws and regulations related to the protection of personal information and specific personal information, etc. in Japan (*1) (hereinafter collectively referred to as "personal information protection laws"). Please confirm these items below.
In the course of various services, etc. provided by the Company, handling of personal information may also be occur separately, so be sure to check any information posted for these as well.
1. Name of the company handling personal information and person in charge of protecting personal information
Director, Global Marketing & Sales Division
Industrial Solutions Company, Panasonic Corporation
The purposes of use of personal information held by the Company is as follows.
Personal information about customers
This is used for the following purposes in the course of the Company's business activities (manufacture, sale, and servicing of home electronic devices, electric appliances, information and communications devices, housing-related devices, industrial solutions, electronic devices, etc., as well as creation and sale of software, provision of information and communications services, provision of various online services, and so on).
(1) Providing information by email, direct mail advertising, etc.
- Suggesting products and services handled by the Company, and providing other information (including sending of catalogs, etc.)
- Suggesting repairs support, or maintenance of products handled by the Company, and providing other information
- Providing information about campaigns, fairs, or events
- Providing information about questionnaire surveys or monitoring
(2) Delivering products
- Delivering purchased or subscribed products, etc.
- Delivering prizes to campaign winners and participants
(3) Responding to customers
- Offering responses to inquiries and consultations, as well as confirming and recording these
- Offering responses for repairs, support, and maintenance, as well as confirming and recording these
- Conducting after-sales product services and inspection activities
- Providing version upgrade services
- Issuing warranty cards, online/user registration
- Offering services during the warranty period for warranty cards, online/user registration
- Conducting inspection activities after the end of the warranty period for warranty cards, online/user registration
(4) Operating the Company's services for which users have applied or registered
- Operating and providing the Company's services for which users have applied or registered or otherwise contracted
- Managing billing information for purchase and use of products or services
- Replying and managing delivery dates for products and services
- Automatic issuing of all types of judgment documentation/test result documentation and keeping a record of such
(5) Surveys and product development
- Conducting questionnaire surveys and consumer trials for sales promotion and product development
- Sending rewards for cooperation with questionnaire surveys or monitoring
- Creating statistical data
- Tabulating and analyzing questionnaires
(6) Training and seminars
- Course participant registration and managing training history
- Giving information to training and seminar course participants
- Collecting fees from course participants
- Negotiating business deals and holding meetings with customers, and related contact
- Managing bookings and visit history for visitors touring the Company's facilities or equipment
- Providing information to business partners in charge of dealing with customers, and related contact
- Implementing operations commissioned by business partners
(1) The Company does not provide personal information to any third parties, except in the following cases.
- When the individual in question has given consent
- When based on laws or regulations
- When necessary to protect human life, body, or property and the consent of the individual is difficult to obtain
- When entrusting the handling of personal information, in whole or in part, to another party to the extent necessary to achieve the purposes of use
- When providing personal information following handover of business due to merger or similar reasons
- When a national agency or local public organization or other party commissioned by such an agency or organization requires cooperation in carrying out its activities based upon law, and it is likely that obtaining the consent of the individual will present an obstacle
(2) The Company may use personal information jointly with its group-affiliated companiesand its various agencies to the extent necessary to achieve the purpose of use. In such cases, the Company holds itself responsible for managing the personal information.
4. Process of requesting disclosure of personal information, etc.
Check here about the process of requesting disclosure of personal information and similar procedures.
5. Methods of applying for disclosure of personal information, etc.
Check here about methods of applying for disclosure of personal information and similar procedures.
7. Directing inquiries about protection of personal information
If you have any questions, concerns, complaints or other inquiries about the handling of your personal information held by the Company, please contact the service desk where you registered or provided the personal information or contact the customer support desk for personal information inquiries at each company.
If you do not know the service desk or if you have any questions regarding our initiatives to protect personal information, please consult the Company's customer support desk below.
Customer support desk, Industrial Solutions Company, Panasonic Corporation
|Address||1006 Kadoma, Kadoma City, Osaka, Japan
Web Inquiries, Global Marketing & Sales Division, Industrial Solutions Company, Panasonic Corporation
|Inquiry Form||Inquiry Form
（The personal information you enter is protected by SSL*.）
*Secure Socket Layer. The information you enter is encrypted before being sent and received, enabling safe exchange of information.
*1: Specific examples of laws and regulations related to the protection of personal information and specific personal information etc.
Act on the Protection of Personal Information（Act No. 57 of May 30, 2003）
Telecommunications Business Act（Act No. 86 of December 25, 1984）
Guidelines for the protection of personal information in the telecommunications business （No.695,2004 Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications notification）
Guidelines for Protection of Personal Information（November 2016 Personal Information Protection Commission）
Act on the Use of Numbers to Identify a Specific Individual in Administrative Procedures（Act No. 27 of May 31, 2013）
Guidelines about the appropriate handling of specific personal information (December 11, 2014 Personal Information Protection Committee)