Other New Materials
- Part Number
[ Under Development ]
Ultra-light EMC shielding material
- Detailed use
Bulk density of 0.01g/cm³ level
/absorption in a wide band
of 3D structures
By combining our thermosetting polymer formulation compounding design technology based on carbon nanotubes with environmental test technology and know-how assuming various use cases, we have achieved both lightness and excellent electromagnetic shielding and absorption.
Ultra-light EMC shielding material contributes to weight reduction of equipment and improvement of communication quality.
Electromagnetic shielding performance
Electromagnetic absorption performance
Comparison of applicable frequency bands
* To be studied about control methods in joint research project on "Ultra-light EMC shielding material" technology,
under JAXA's "Solution Creating Research" for space exploration
Research period: June 2022 to June 2024
Joint research members：
- Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency, National Research and Development Agency
- Nagoya University, Tokai National Higher Education and Research System National University Corporation
- Yamagata University, National University Corporation
- Akita University, National University Corporation
3D structure molding
Three-dimensional structures can be created using Panasonic Industry's thermosetting resin formulation technology and freeze-drying manufacturing method, enabling processing customized to the shape of the devices made with these new materials.